Monday, February 17, 2014

Oriflame Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub

Hola Beauti-holics

I am here with a review on one of my all time favourite body scrubs, Oriflame’s milk and honey sugar scrub. I am a little obsessed with bath and body products, especially the amazing smelling ones. Though I am not a big fan of Oriflame, I picked up this one from a salon, right after I got through my tube of Satsuma body polish. It has been my favourite ever since.



Product Claim

Smooth away dead skin cells to reveal softer skin below with this rich, decadent body scrub. With organic milk proteins and honey extract to soften and condition the skin, it is a shower experience to cherish.

Price

Rs. 449 for 200 gm

Ingredients

Sugar crystals along with milk and honey extracts are the key ingredients in this scrub. Here is the complete list of ingredients



My experience with Oriflame Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub

I have always been a believer of sugar working miracles for the skin. I often use DIY sugar scrubs on my face and lips. This scrub is combined with my other two favourite ingredients , milk and honey, and so, I just had to pick this one up.
The scrub comes in a beautiful golden soft tube with a secure flip open cap which is very convenient to use. I wish the scrub was also available in smaller tube for traveling purpose.



Now about the scrub itself, it gently exfoliates the skin, making it very smooth. It is very effective in cleaning away dirt and gently removes dead skin and leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean. It has been very effective in smoothening my elbows and knees and has become a staple product in my cleansing rituals. It also moisturizes the skin and leaves it very soft and smooth. It is great for dry skin.

The texture of the scrub is like a clear honey like gel with sugar crystals. It is very easy to spread and a small quantity is enough to exfoliate the skin. The best thing about this scrub is that it doesn’t dry out the skin. Also, it is quite gentle on the skin. Unlike some scrubs, that have rougher scrub granules, this one has soft granules and does not leave scratches on the skin. 

A friend recommended me to use this on my face! I do not know what made me do it, but using it on my face caused breakouts!!! So clearly, it is not meant for the face.

The fragrance of the scrub is simply amazing. It has a very honey like luxurious smell. The fragrance can be described as a mix of a vibrant floral bouquet with hints of something sweet and musty. It has an overpowering fragrance which lingers on my skin for at least an hour. My husband, who generally finds fragrances from my bath products very overpowering, loves this one. Also, using this scrub always puts me in a good mood.

The availability of the scrub is a big con. It is not easily available in the market and I have to get in touch with an Oriflame dealer.

Pros

·         Gentle exfoliation
·         Removes dead skin and smoothens the skin
·         Moisturizes the skin
·         Great for dry skin
·         Amazing fragrance
·         Affordable

Cons

·         Availability
·         Cannot be used on face

Last word



Oriflame’s milk and honey sugar scrub is a great product and would definitely recommend it to people with dry skin. I am almost through the second tube and would definitely buy it again (unless I come across something else even better)!!!

1 comment: